A change in plans....

I've been doing this blog for about a month now and have figured out that as much as I love making jewelry it is a small part of my life and there isn't enough to blog about on a regular basis.
So, this is going to be about everything and anything in my life including ETSY and my jewelry. I hope you enjoy it even more!
This blogging thing is pretty fun!!

Take care and visit often!
Celia

Tip of the day, week, month or whenever I get around to putting up a new one........

New tip....
A great way to keep your jewelry from tarnishing is available on QVC.com. They have a lot of different organizers to store your jewelry but my favorite is the PreZerve fashion jewelry organizer. One of my very good friends bought me one of these last year and I love it! It has about 30 compartments and has a special material that keeps your sterling silver from tarnishing.
My mom has a great way of storing her bracelets and necklaces. She put a cork board up on her bedroom wall and hangs her jewelry on that with tacks. Everything hangs nice with out getting tangeled and it's easy to choose what to wear because it's all right there! Another great storage device for bracelets is a coffee mug holder that stands on a table and has little poles sticking out to hang a mug on. You could probably get one cheap at the salvation army store.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Agate





One of my favorite stones is Agate. There is no other stone more creatively striped by nature than agate. My favorite is crazy lace agate, it has such amazing colors and patterns and each one is different.


Agate is believed to discern truth, accept circumstances and is a powerful emotional healer. Legend says that agate improves memory and concentration, increases stamina and encourages honesty. Agate is said to be particularly beneficial to people born under the sign of Gemini as it helps them to remain calm and focused. (which I am a Gemini)


Agate is a variety of chalcedony formed from layers of quartz which usually show varicolored bands. Although agates may be found in various kinds of rock, they are classically associated with volcanic rocks. Agate can be found all over the world including: Africa, Asia, Brazil, Egypt, Germany, India, Italy, Mexico, Nepal and the USA.


Some other beautiful types of agate are Blue lace agate, Moss agate, Rosetta agate, Madagascar agate, Montana agate and Dry head agate to name a few.

I love diamonds as much as the next girl but taking away the value of diamonds I'd take an agate any day for the beauty of it. I hope you found this little blurb interesting and come back again for more facts on other stones.

sources of information for this blog: Bernardine.com and wikipedia.org

1 comment:

ABrushWithHumor said...

nice photos! they really show off your work! Are you a SquidEtsian?
Nothinglikeit

Thanks for visiting!

Some items in my Etsy store